11.24.2011

LIFE| reasons to be thankful

Happpppy Thanksgiving everyone (or at least to all that celebrate it!)

I saw this post on Tumblr that kind of changed my mind a little:
Teenagers every day of the year other than Thanksgiving: I HATE MY PARENTS WHY WON'T THEY LET ME DO WHAT I WANT? I HATE EVERYONE. UGH EVERYONE IS STUPID AND WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE AND JUST I HATE SCHOOL, I HATE EVERYTHING.
Teenagers on Thanksgiving: I'm very thankful for everything in my life. I'm thankful for my family, especially my parents because I don't know what I would do without them. I'm thankful for the opportunity of school and I appreciate everything in my life.

Kinda puts into perspective how we really only take one day to be thankful- so my proposition is that we all make an effort to be thankful everyday. At times it may be hard, but I'm trying to have a more positive mindset and think about all the blessings around me.

So here's a list of things I'm thankful for:

Family, my mom and my dad (cause I don't know what I would do without them-seriously), having a brother so I'm not an only child, my home, hot water, tea, second chances, the ability to be able to write this (and then read it), the fact that I can hear music and the voice of loved ones, the ability to walk, the ability to travel around the world, that I can go to a private school, our car, my education, the clothes in my closet, my followers on Tumblr+blogspot, the sun that comes up everyday (no matter what!!), opportunities, writing, the comfort of blankets, that I don't have to worry about whether I'll be alive tomorrow, good health, my computer, my phone, my friends who have stuck by me, lessons (so yes essentially, I'm thankful for all the painful relationships I've had in my life), fuzzy socks, my cameras (Nikon D90!!), DC trip I went on, dreams, hope, God, love, happiness, my ability to laugh, and honestly every single thing in my life.

Hope you all have an amaaaazing day. MUCHLOVE.XXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment